i remember when my dad called me a simpleton for not knowing how to lift the hood up on my car. i don't know much about cars. if i ever need help, i'll call 1-800-BACK-U-UP. So, maybe i am a simpleton. well, maybe the barbie version (makeup, hair, nails, summer glow all year around kind, fashionable kind. so i am a little high maintenance. i just like to look as good as i feel!)
i feel that i am a simple person. i am happy to be alive and not afraid to share my feelings (which can be good and bad i guess). simple things make me happy. i don't feel that i am hard to please...my parents may not agree with this (christmas videos bare it all). but the older i get, the more i realize that i already have everything i want. i have an AMAZING family, fun fun friends that make me want to be better, a tub that i like to fill with bubbles, memory foam on my bed, and of course, the gospel.
i like to smile. i frequently get the question "why are you smiling?" simple..i love life! i have been looking for my little joys everyday and i have come to realize that i am so tremendously blessed! here are my free joys for today:
- waking up excited that it is FRIDAY!!
- wearing my rainboots because it is wet outside and being able to blaze through those puddles
- trying out new curly shampoo and mousse that Madelaine introduced me to..i woke up to a curly mane!
- exchanging looks with Ted in Neurobiology when people make bizarre comments
- getting a text from someone I love.... ;)
- being thanked for opening a door
- talking with friends at work about dating
- realizing that i have a SUPER fun date tonight...every time i think about it, i get those jittery feelings in my stomach ;) only 2 more hours!
- talking to mom on the phone
- getting a voicemail from Dean... i love to be greeted as "Shemanda!"
- hearing a happy song on Pandora
- glancing in the mirror and seeing that my head is as bright as a lightbulb...i love blonde hair
- getting a compliment on my shoes
- jumping into bed and realizing that it is still warm from sleeping in it
- understanding a difficult concept in Chemistry
- seeing that Pookie sent me 25 texts saying "Stop whining ya big boob" ha ha i laugh out loud every time
- finding time to read scriptures in the middle of the day
- little moments of peace